Who Are The Finalists Of The Insight Innovation Competition?
The first round of the Insight Innovation Competition is done; we received 35 submissions from around the world during this first phase of the process and all of us involved were amazed by the creativity and thought leadership on display!
This initial crowdsourcing phase was designed to give insight industry professionals a chance to review and vote on the submissions as a filtering process to identify those ideas that should move on to the presentation and judging round at the Insight Innovation Exchange event in Sao Paulo on March 25th and 26th.
It’s my pleasure to announce the 5 finalists voted on by the insights community to move on to the next round:
|Logo and celebrity quizzes cluster generation||Argentina||
|World E-Trends: All Market information at your fingertips||Chile||
|PSP – Research Support Platform||Brazil||
Congratulations to these teams for making it to the next round!
In addition to the 5 voted finalists, the Judging committee has voted to select 2 “wildcard” entrants to move on to the next round as well:
|eye2D2™ – A Tool for Predicting Consumer Visual Attention||Denmark||
Getting this far is quite the accomplishment, but now the real work begins.
Here is how things will play out now:
- The 7 finalists will come to the IIeX Sao Paulo event March 25 & 26.
- They will have 10 minutes to present to the panel of judges on March 25th. That time will be strictly allocated for:
- 5 minutes for their presentation on how their concept works and why it is innovative for the marketing insights sector
- 5 minutes of Q&A from the judges.
- Using a 10 point scale for each category, judges will rate each presentation on:
- Originality of concept
- Presentation quality
- Market potential within the insights space
- Ease of Implementation
- The highest final aggregate score from the judges wins.
- Judges will present their scores on March 26th.
- The winner gets;
- A check for $20,000 US (sent post-event)
- An opportunity to engage with the judges and other partners
- Lots of publicity
We are anticipating 200 attendees at the conference; it will be a fantastic opportunity to network and lay the foundation for ongoing relationships. Competitors will have a chance to show their game changing ideas to companies such as:
Terra Latin America & USA
DIRECTV Latin America
Lowes Home Improvement
Johnson & Johnson
Clear – M&C Saatchi
Lowes Home Improvement
The U.S. Department of State
The Brazilian Government
Crow’s Nest Ventures
It’s quite the opportunity, and we’re thrilled to be helping these companies make these connections.
Also, a BIG THANK YOUto our Sponsors Communispace and Macromill is in order, as well as our partners eCGlobal, Pulsosocial and Socialatom Ventures for their generous support.
For those entrants that were not selected for this round or who didn’t submit we have some opportunities as well.
We’ll be re-launching the IIC for the Philadelphia event on June 18/19 in just a few weeks. We’ll be resetting the platform and we invite everyone to submit or resubmit their concept. The benefits of submission are:
- You can revise your concept and positioning to better illustrate why it deserves votes
- You’ll get exposure to a new, expanded global audience
- We are lining up some exciting new partners and sponsors to give you more options for arranging deals to help grow your business and give additional value to your participation
- You can leverage your network more effectively to engage the community in the competition
That’s it for now. Congratulations to the 7 firms moving on to the next round and to everyone for a wonderful initial voting phase. Please stay engaged with us as we move forward to create new and exciting opportunities across the insight industry!