Of the 1,808 unique links shared on #MRX last week, here are 10 of the most retweeted…
1. The Fall Of Buzzmetrics & Rise Of The New Social Media Analytics MR Firm – Lenny Murphy of GreenBook Blog looks at the saturation of the market for social monitoring tools and the rise of more strategic analytics in their place.
2. A Chat With Social Media & Text Analytics Guru Seth Grimes – Lenny interviews Seth Grimes, an independent analyst who has been tracking text analytics longer than just about anyone.
3. Content in Context – Brian Tarran of Research magazine – er, Impact magazine (see below) – er, Research-live – sits down with Face for an overview of their social media analytics tool, Pulsar TRAC, which goes beyond text analysis to understand social media in a richer context through metadata.
4. Almost a Third of Consumers Unaware of Online Monitoring – For Research-live, Simon Miller reports on a survey from Netbase and JD Power & Associates about consumer awareness of social media monitoring.
5. How Many Ways Is Mobile Being Used in Qual? – Ray Poynter, wearing his NewMR hat, identifies 7 types of mobile qualitative research and is seeking feedback for a research module he is preparing for the University of Georgia’s Principles of Marketing Research course.
6. 6 Tips for Turning Big-Data into Huge Insights – Anne-Lindsay Beall of SAS Customer Intelligence recaps a Loyalty 360 webinar presented by Eric Williams.
7. The 4 Best (and Worst) Uses of Market Research – Taddy Hall of The Cambridge Group discusses 4 ways to align market research with desired outcomes.
9. Can Behavioral Economics Explain the Movements in the Market Research Industry? – Edward Appleton says the fault, dear researchers, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we too are predictably irrational.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted in the weekly top-5 analysis. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX.