Jeffrey Henning’s #MRX Top 10: Trending Trends and the Trendsetters who Tend Them
Of the 1,923 unique links shared on #MRX in the past two week, here are 10 of the most retweeted.
- The top 10 global consumer trends for 2014 – Daphne Kasriel of Euromonitor has written a free white paper covering the top consumer trends worldwide: impulse buying, discount luxury appeal, bargain hunting, supporting sustainable brands, multigenerational homes, eating right, the struggle for work/life balance, app proliferation, social-media brand advocacy and critiques, and social-media photo sharing.
- Goodbye, marketing research – Kristof De Wulf of InSites Consulting asks, “How relevant is it to take a ‘marketing’ perspective in an environment which is increasingly dominated by individuals instead of segments? Is it still ok to rely on ad-hoc brain picking from samples that should be representative of markets? Is ‘research’ a good descriptor of what our clients are really looking for?”
- The secret about innovation – Tom H. C. Anderson of Anderson Analytics says the best innovations are kept secret.
- Heroes of market research: Ray Poynter – David Wiszniowski interviews Ray Poynter about NewMR and our industry’s challenges and opportunities.
- Looking for social media case studies – The MRS, IPA and Marketing Society are seeking case studies that demonstrate the value of social media market research. (Can’t wait to see the results!)
- Women are key drivers of economic growth – Infographic from Dell on role of women in the global economy.
- The cutting edge of consumer psychology – Quarterly summary from ESOMAR Research: did you know that popcorn interferes with the effectiveness of ads shown before movies?!
- NewMR’s Google Glass special – On Wednesday January 29th, NewMR will ask David Zakariaie of Glassic to look at the impact of Google Glass on the research industry. We assume he’s wearing rose-colored glasses.
- FeelMore 50 – Ad junkies can enjoy the BrainJuicer FeelMore list of the 50 most emotionally powerful ads.
- 15 unmet needs of client researchers & 17 companies rising to the challenge – Leonard Murphy shares the running results for the IIEX Europe contest.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX.