Jeffrey Henning’s #MRX Top 10: AI Reshaping CX, MRX, and IT
By Jeffrey Henning
Of the 4,126 unique links shared on the Twitter #MRX hashtag over the past two weeks, here are 10 of the most retweeted…
- Britons’ Predictions for 2017: Brexit, Economic Concerns, and a Royal Engagement? – A survey of 1,003 Britons in mid-December found that 79% believe the UK government will trigger Article 50 in 2017 to start the formal process for leaving the European Union; 66% believe inflation will increase and 45% think unemployment will rise; and 52% think Prince Harry will get engaged.
- 6 Ways Artificial Intelligence Is Reshaping Customer Experience (CX) – AIs will target marketing based on consumer behavior, provide faster customer service through chat bots, facilitate orders through intelligent agents, leverage the Internet of Things for self-service, and push human agents into tier-2 service and and support.
- The Latest GRIT Report Has Arrived! – The newest GRIT Report surveyed 1,583 market researchers (80% suppliers, 20% buyers) in the last two quarters of 2016 about key issues driving the industry, including the role of Artificial Intelligence, client-satisfaction with suppliers, planned usage of non-MR data sources, and hiring profiles for researchers in the future.
- Five Market Research Trends for 2017 – Ray Poynter identifies five key trends driving the research industry this year: embracing automation; finding the story in the data; translating insights into action; incorporating implicit measurement; and experimenting with Artificial Intelligence.
- IDC: Top 2017 Predictions – Among IDC’s predictions for IT: by 2019, 40% of digital transformation initiatives and all Internet of Things initiatives will be powered in part by AI; 67% of enterprise IT infrastructure will be cloud-based.
- In the Blink of an Eye – Writing for Research Live (free registration required), Jane Bainbridge reports on a Journal of Consumer Psychology article that reveals that ease of eye movement when examining a product is typically misinterpreted by consumers as liking the product itself.
- NPD and Ipsos Veteran Deitch is New Leader for Bakamo – Bakamo, a social media monitoring firm, has appointed Jonathan Deitch as Chief Executive.
- The Future of Market Research Data Collection – Research Now CEO Gary Laben writes about moving beyond screeners and panel profiles in the form of long questionnaires towards profiles based on mining behavioral data.
- How A Global Insurance Brand Turns Customer Insights Into Long Term Success – Writing for Forbes, Steve Olenski interviewed Saras Agarwal of AXA about how the firm has innovated within the insurance industry by focusing on customer insights.
- Qual: There’s An App For That – Sean Campbell of Cascade Insights interviewed Over the Sholuder’ co-founder Ross McLean about their app, which enables researchers to capture consumers’ qualitative and media feedback during decision-making processes.
Note: This list is ordered by the relative measure of each link’s influence in the first week it debuted in the weekly Top 5. A link’s influence is a tally of the influence of each Twitter user who shared the link and tagged it #MRX, ignoring retweets from closely related accounts. Only links with a research angle are considered.